When you decide, to either, buy a house, or sell your present home, wouldn’t it make sense, to take the time, effort, and pay keen attention, so you hired the best possible, real estate agent, to serve and represent your needs, goals, and priorities, and provide a degree of protection, in terms of what, to most people, is their single – biggest, financial asset? A wise consumer will take this hiring process, seriously, by thoroughly, interviewing, prospective agents, and doing so, in an informed, meaningful way. However, most people discover, they may not, fully understand, and/ or, realize, some of the necessities, or necessary assets, you should be looking for, in terms of deciding, the best individual to hire. How would/ should someone proceed, to effectively, MEASURE, and properly consider, their personal needs, and requirements, in terms of any prospective agent? With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means, and represents, and why it’s important, and relevant.
1. Meet; motivate; marketing: Take the time, to meet, and better, discover/ learn, who you need, to hire. What about someone, tends to motivate you, and do you believe, might be motivating, to potential buyers? Discuss the basics, and basis, of his proposed marketing plan, and how it addresses, your needs and priorities, and will achieve its purposes.
2. Empathy; effective; excellence: Pay attention to, whether any individual, listens more than he speaks, and pays attention, in order to proceed with the utmost degree of genuine empathy! Why do you believe this individual, will be effective? Does he seem, to strive for his utmost degree of personal excellence, or will he settle for, good – enough?
3. Attitude; actions: You need an agent with a real, positive, can – do, attitude, and the focus, to take the necessary actions, to get you the finest results!
4. System; strengths; selling/ sales: What about the person’s system, will focus on the strengths, of your property? Examine his selling skills, and, whether, this will translate to quality sales, which benefits you!
5. Useful; usual/ unusual; unique: What unique characteristics, assets, etc, does a specific person, possess, and deliver? How useful someone’s ideas are, and whether they consider, both, the usual, as well as unusual factors and possibilities, is essential to fully consider, discuss, and evaluate!
6. Realistic; relevant: Empty promises, unrealistic, pie – in – the – sky, listing prices, etc, are generally, not in your best interests! You will benefit, when you hire someone, who is realistic, and offers, relevant suggestions!
7. Emphasis; energy: You need someone, with genuine, inspiring, energy, plus the emphasis on your best interests, instead of their personal, self – interest!
Before hiring your real estate agent, take the time to MEASURE your prospects, and alternatives! Doesn’t it make sense, to protect your asset?