When a homeowner decides to sell his home, he should interview potential agents, and have a thorough discussion, about, why he should hire that individual (what is unique, or better about their service, etc), etc. Once, one feels comfortable with the individual’s quality of character, integrity, ethics, attitude, aptitude/ skill – sets, negotiating ability, and ability to customize an approach, to fit a specific property, it is essential to, take the time, and make the effort, to, understanding the basis, reasoning/ rationale, etc, of that representative’s marketing plan, and what will be included, and any necessary teamwork, involved. With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, discuss, and review, 5 keys to an effective marketing plan.
1. How many Open Houses (Broker, and Community)?: Will Open Houses, be a component of this approach and planning? How might they, be marketed, introduced, and useful, in the overall marketing, of the client’s home? Should the house, be staged, or any other areas, addressed, and considered? How will your chosen, agent, introduce your home, to other local agents? Will they use a Brokers Open House? If a public, and/ or community one, is planned, how will it be promoted, where, and, who, do you believe, is the niche – market, for the specific property? What will the professional do, which differentiates his, from what others do, and make a significant, positive impact? How often will they be conducted/ held?
2. Where/ how promoted?: How will your home, be promoted, marketed, etc? Will your representative, explain his reasoning/ rationale, explaining, why, he will pursue a specific, course, and plan of action?
3. Pricing philosophy: After, well over a decade, as a Real Estate Licensed Salesperson, in the State of New York, I have witnessed, certain agents, who suggest, unrealistically, higher listing prices, in order to try to buy a listing. Ask individuals, when you interview them, what their pricing philosophy, is, and, why, they feel, it works best. Pricing is a significant component of the overall marketing system/ plan!
4. Agent/ client, regular discussions: How will the agent, you hire, interact, with you, and how, often, will, both of you, regularly, discuss, the process, etc, which are relevant, to the process? Avoid anyone, who won’t be ready, willing, and able, to fully communicate!
5. When price adjustment, and why?: How smoothly, effectively, and in a timely manner, will, price adjustments, be made, and what will be the core reasoning/ rationale?
The more, you and your agent, remain, on the same – page, the better, you can proceed, with the necessary degree of teamwork, to make a quality marketing program, even more meaningful and effective! Remember, for most, the value of their house, is their single – biggest, financial asset, so, do all you can, to follow a smart, course of action!